Dr. Anita Mandal, a Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon, performs Dysport® treatments for a rested and refreshed appearance. At the same time, she tailors Dysport® treatments to enable you to maintain normal facial expressions without a “frozen” or surprised look. Patients travel to her Palm Beach Gardens office for her expertise in natural looking Dysport® results.
Patients not yet ready for surgery can enjoy looking years younger with the quick results and minimal downtime of Dysport® alone or in combination with other minimal-invasive facial rejuvenation treatments.
How It Works
Each time you speak, grin or look confused, the muscles in your face contract, causing frown lines, forehead creases, crows feet and/or lip wrinkles. With age, the force of these muscles on the skin causes permanent lines, making you look sad, angry or tired.
Dysport® is a type of botulinum and 1 of 4 neuromodulators FDA-approved for cosmetic use. It is one of the most common treatments requested by Dr. Mandal’s patients. Despite some false claims, Dysport® is not a poison. It is a very safe, muscle-relaxant variant of botox which was first approved by the FDA for eyelid spasms. Investigators noticed, in these same patients, a reduction of upper face wrinkles. These findings led to the use of botox and its variants for cosmetic purposes.
Dysport® is a quick, fast and effective cosmetic procedure taking about 30 seconds to perform. A tiny needle is used to give a series of near-painless injections into specific facial muscles. There is typically no downtime, enabling you to return to routine activities after completion of treatment.
Dysport® targets dynamic lines, wrinkles and creases that worsen with facial motion, giving a relaxed, awake and rested appearance. It is not a filler nor does it fill wrinkles or lines. It reduces hyperactive motion of facial muscles so that they don’t contract as intensely, resulting in less muscle force being transmitted to the overlying skin wrinkles which then soften.
An Expert Injector
Dr. Mandal personally performs ALL of her Dysport® injections instead of using a nurse or physician-assistant. Her expertise as an injector combined with a personalized approach is the reason patients travel to her Palm Beach Gardens office.
Dr. Mandal has done more than 10,000 neuromodulator treatments on both men and women of ages 20 to 96 years. Since each patient has unique facial musculature, Dr. Mandal tailors the injection dose and pattern to your individual needs. An experienced injector can prevent a frozen or surprised look as well as a droopy or “Dr. Spock” brow.
Many physician offices use generic Dysport® injectors. Even with highly safe cosmetic procedures such as Dysport®, things can go wrong in less experienced hands. An Expert Injector understands the complex facial muscle anatomy and the skill to give the highest quality results in patients who present with atypical muscle anatomy.
Dr. Mandal offers basic and advanced Dysport® treatments.
- Crow’s feet or laugh lines around the eyes
- Glabellar frown lines, also known as the “11” lines
- Sagging eyebrows
- Horizontal forehead creases
- Upper eyelid heaviness
- Lip lines or “smoker’s lines”
- Bunching lower eyelid skin
- Vertical neck bands
- Horizontal neck creases
- Fine lines under the eyes
- Chin wrinkling, chin dimpling
- Sad or droopy mouth corners
- Asymmetric eyebrows
- Nasal “bunny” Lines
- Gummy smile
- Lip wrinkles, also known as “smoker’s lines”, require much smaller dosages
Results from Dysport® occur gradually and last 12-16 weeks. While some notice results the next day, others may take 1 to 2 weeks. Compared to BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport® has the following benefits:
- Wider area of effect so may be better at treating diffuse, finer wrinkles
- Works faster
- Lasts longer
- More cost-effective allowing our office to maintain our prices, despite the constantly rising cost of botox
Touch-up appointments are performed at 2 weeks and helpful for patients with atypical muscle anatomy. Dr. Mandal does not advise touch-ups well past the 2 week period since the peak result tends to change with time and repeat doses to the same area injected at different times can have a negative effect.
Dr. Mandal recommends Dysport® maintenance consistently every 3 months rather than waiting until your Dysport® completely wears off before booking your next treatment.
Our office prices Dysport® as a flat fee per facial area instead of charging by the unit. This approach allows the price to remain the same even as your dosing increases with age. Low Dysport® prices can be a red flag and signal counterfeit or black-market products.
Benefits Of Dysport® Maintenance
- Longer duration
- Further wrinkle softening over time
- Slowing of the aging process
- A consistent refreshed, youthful and rested appearance
- Can delay the need for more aggressive procedures
Younger patients use Dysport® to improve lines and wrinkles. Mature patients often combine Dysport® with facial fillers, laser, facelift, browlift or eyelid surgery for enhanced results which can also last longer than a single product.
Popular Combination Treatments
- Lip lines seen at rest, that worsen with speaking, benefit from micro-Dysport® for dynamic lines combined with an injectable filler such as Restylane® Silk or Belotero® for static lines. Micro-Dysport® can also help filler last longer.
- Deep glabellar frown lines are further improved with Dysport® to relax overactive muscle activity combined with fillers like Restylane-L, Juvederm®, Radiesse® or Bellafill® – the 5 year filler to plump depressions or grooves in the same area.
- Lower eyelid rejuvenation can be achieved with Dysport® for lower eyelid wrinkles and tissue bunching combined with an eyelid surgery to remove excess skin and fat.
- Sagging eyebrows can be pre-treated with Dysport® to relax the pull of hyperactive upper face muscles followed by the Genius™ RF / Infini™ RF “non-surgical” brow lift or an endoscopic brow lift.
- A sagging neck along the cervico-mental angle can be dramatically improved by combining Dysport® for vertical neck bands, Kybella® for submental fat and Genius™ RF / Infini™ RF for skin tightening.
- Droopy mouth corners can be lifted with injectable filler such as Restylane® Refyne®, Radiesse® or Bellafill® – the 5 year filler and Dysport® placed in the depressor anguli oris.
- Liquid Facelifts commonly incorporate Dysport® for enhanced results.
As a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mandal focuses on satisfying results that are very natural looking. When it comes to the face, patients prefer quality and excellence over price. They seek her skills from throughout Palm Beach County, across Florida and a range of national and international locations. To discover your options, request a consultation online or call 561-238-0040 at our Palm Beach Gardens office.