Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Anita Mandal is highly skilled with administering Botox in a nearly painless fashion to give a rested, youthful, and refreshed look while allowing you to maintain normal facial expression without a “frozen” or surprised face. Patients travel to her Palm Beach Gardens office for her expertise in natural-looking BOTOX® Cosmetic results.
As one of the most experienced BOTOX doctors in Palm Beach Gardens & West Palm Beach, Dr. Mandal strives to deliver some of the best BOTOX results in Florida.
Patients not yet ready for surgery can enjoy looking years younger with the immediate results and minimal downtime of Botox® alone or in combination with other minimal-invasive facial rejuvenation treatments.
How Does BOTOX Work?
Botox works by relaxing the muscles causing wrinkles in your skin. Whenever you speak, smile, laugh or look puzzled, your facial muscles contract resulting in frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crows feet. As you age, the skin loses elasticity with further deepening of these lines, making you look sad, angry, or tired.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in Dr. Mandal’s office. Unlike some misconceptions, Botox®is not poison. It is a highly safe, therapeutic muscle relaxant initially FDA-approved as a medication for the treatment of eye-muscle spasms.
As a cosmetic procedure, Botox® is quick, fast, and effective with no downtime. A special botox needle is used to administer a series of tiny, nearly painless injections to the superficial facial musculature in about 30 seconds. Patients typically return to most routine activities immediately following treatment.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of 4 neuromodulators FDA-approved for cosmetic use. It specifically targets dynamic lines, wrinkles, and creases associated with facial motion, resulting in a more refreshed, awake, and relaxed appearance. Botox® is not a filler and does not fill wrinkles or lines. It works by reducing excessive movement of specific facial muscles. When these overactive muscles are relaxed, they don’t contract as strongly. Less muscle force is transmitted to the skin which then smoothes out.
A Master Injector
Dr. Mandal personally performs ALL of her BOTOX® Cosmetic injections for West Palm Beach & Palm Beach Gardens patients, unlike many other offices that use a nurse or physician assistant. Patients travel to her Palm Beach Gardens office for the personalized attention she provides her botox patients.
Dr. Mandal has successfully performed well over 20,000 botox treatments. She has treated men and women of ages ranging from 20 to 96 years. Dr. Mandal precisely calculates her botox dosing, allowing maintenance of your natural facial expressions while, at the same time, softening wrinkles. Each patient is different with unique in their muscle anatomy. Dr. Mandal tailors both the dosage of each injection and the overall dosing pattern for each area to your individual needs. A qualified, experienced injector can prevent a frozen or surprised look as well as a droopy or “Dr. Spock” brow.
There are hundreds of generic botox injectors but very few Master Injectors. While botox may seem like a simple treatment that anyone can do, things can go wrong in less experienced hands. Many generic injectors lack comprehensive knowledge of how the various superficial facial muscle groups interact. A truly skilled injector understands both the art as well as the science of Botox.
Red flags include an injector who got started after taking a 2-day botox course, and botox parties in a home or salon offering discounted fees. Low botox prices can signal counterfeit or black-market botox and, in other cases, an over-diluted product.
Common Treatment Areas
In addition to basic botox in West Palm Beach & Palm Beach Gardens, Dr. Mandal offers advanced and micro-botox treatments for complex muscle regions.
- Crow’s feet or laugh lines around the eyes
- Glabellar frown lines, also known as the “11” lines
- Sagging eyebrows
- Horizontal forehead creases
- Upper eyelid heaviness
- Lip lines or “smoker’s lines”
- Bunching lower eyelid skin
- Vertical neck bands
- Horizontal neck creases
- Fine lines under the eyes
- Chin wrinkling, chin dimpling
- Sad or droopy mouth corners
- Asymmetric eyebrows
- Nasal “bunny” Lines
- Gummy smile
- Lip wrinkles also known as “smoker’s lines” (7) require much smaller dosages. Micro-Botox is a form of advanced Botox
- Micro-droplet brow-lift consists of numerous 1-2 unit injections along the entire brow and between the brows
Treatment of healing scars
- Botox is also placed, in multiple, very tiny dosages, around a healing wound, to reduce scar formation which can develop from tension on the skin from surrounding facial muscles
Natural Non-surgical Brow Lift
The eyebrow has 3 components, inner, central (arch), and outer. To obtain a successful browlift from Botox, all 3 parts of the brow must be treated. Injecting the glabella between the brows can raise the inner brow, injection of the upper forehead raises the mid-brow or arch area and treatment of the laugh lines or crow’s feet raises the outer or lateral brow. Since one part of the brow may age faster than other parts, specific attention to dosing in a given area is crucial to a successful outcome and natural lift.
The improvements from botox appear gradually. Most people notice fading of lines and wrinkles within a week. Some see results as soon as the next day while others take 2 weeks for the full effect. If you are having botox for the first time, it typically lasts 3 to 4 months.
The first time that Dr. Mandal administers botox to a patient, a follow-up appointment is typically set for 2 weeks. While her patients rarely require botox touch-ups, 2 weeks is the ideal time if one is needed. While she focuses on getting it right at the first session, occasional patients with atypical muscle anatomy are treated conservatively and return at 2 weeks for fine-tuning of their botox. This approach assures a precise, satisfying outcome.
How often do you need BOTOX?
Botox® maintenance is an integral part of one’s overall well-being, similar to eating healthy and exercising regularly. When treatments are performed at regular intervals, patients notice their results last longer, even up to 6 to 9 months. However, it typically takes 3 to 4 sessions consistently performed at 3-month intervals to experience the long-term benefits of botox. If you wait until your botox completely wears off before your next treatment, you lose the long-term benefits of Botox® maintenance.
Dr. Mandal’s office offers Botox® for a flat fee per facial area rather than charging by the unit. The advantage of fixed area pricing is that even as your botox dose for a given area increases with age, your price remains the same.
Benefits Of Botox® Maintenance
- Longer duration
- Further wrinkle softening over time
- Slowing of the aging process
- A consistently refreshed, youthful, and rested appearance
- Delays the need for more aggressive procedures
Younger patients may only use BOTOX® Cosmetic to improve lines and wrinkles. Mature patients often combine botox with facial fillers, laser, facelift, brow lift, or eyelid surgery for enhanced results that also last longer than with one single product alone.
What Treatments Can BOTOX be combined with?
- Lip lines, seen at rest, that worsen with speaking benefit from micro-botox for dynamic lip lines combined with an injectable filler such as Restylane® Silk or Belotero® for static lip lines. Micro-botox can also help filler last longer
- Deep glabellar frown lines are further improved with botox to relax overactive muscle activity combined with fillers like Restylane-L, Juvéderm®, Radiesse® or Bellafill® – the 5-year filler to plump depressions.
- Lower eyelid rejuvenation can be achieved with botox for lower eyelid wrinkles and tissue bunching plus an eyelid lift to remove excess skin and fat.
- Sagging eyebrows are pre-treated with botox to release hyperactive upper face muscles followed by the Infini™ “non-surgical” brow Lift or an endoscopic brow lift.
- A sagging neck along the cervico-mental angle can be dramatically improved with botox in the vertical neck bands, Kybella® for submental fat, and Genius™ RF / Infini™ RF for skin tightening.
- Droopy mouth corners can be lifted by combining injectable filler such as Restylane® Refyne, Radiesse® or Bellafill® – the 5-year filler with Botox® in the depressor anguli oris.
- Liquid Lifts commonly incorporate botox.
How Much Does BOTOX Cost in West Palm Beach?
The cost of BOTOX in West Palm Beach & Palm Beach Gardens will vary on a number of factors. The get the most accurate cost, please schedule your consultation. During your appointment, we’ll provide you with our expert recommendations, answer questions, and give you a full breakdown of the costs.
As a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mandal focuses on satisfying results that are very natural looking. When it comes to the face, patients prefer quality and excellence over price. They seek her skills from throughout Palm Beach County, across Florida and a range of national and international locations. To discover your options, request a consultation online or call 561-238-0040 at our Palm Beach Gardens office.