A facial fat grafting procedure, or fat injection, transfers fat from areas of excess fat to facial areas lacking in volume.
It gives more permanent correction of:
- Facial creases or grooves such as in the nasolabial smile lines
- Facial hollowing or depressions such as sunken cheeks or temples
What are the Pros of Fat Transfer?
- Autologous fat, from your own body, reduces the risk of allergic reactions to foreign material as found in temporary fillers.
- Fat transfer results are safe and long-lasting.
- Fat transfer is a minimally invasive technique
What are the Cons of Fat Transfer?
- It is time-consuming to prepare fat tissue before transferring it, unlike dermal fillers which are prepackaged.
- Though longer lasting than dermal fillers, the fat transfer costs more.
- Multiple sessions may be required.
How is Fat Transfer Performed?
Fat is harvested from one part of your body such as the abdomen, flanks, hips, or thighs. It is then washed and purified. Using special instrumentation, it is reinjected with micro-Cannulas into facial areas requiring volumization. This procedure is sometimes repeated in multiple sessions to achieve desired results over time. The entire procedure can be done using local anesthesia.
Patients may experience swelling for several weeks.
While fat transfer has the advantage of being permanent, the procedure itself is much more involved than pre-package fillers. Dr. Mandal’s patients prefer Bellafill®, the 5-year filler, over fat transfer due to the convenience, safety, longevity, and versatility of Bellafill®.
As a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mandal focuses on satisfying results that are very natural looking. When it comes to the face, patients prefer quality and excellence over price. They seek her skills from throughout Palm Beach County, across Florida and a range of national and international locations. To discover your options, request a consultation online or call 561-238-0040 at our Palm Beach Gardens office.