For smoothing fine lines and deeper wrinkles, sculpting lips, and contouring the facial to restore facial balance and proportion, FDA approved Restylane® injections has been a favorite for decades as far as temporary injectable fillers are concerned. Restylane® consists of a clear gel of hyaluronic acid specifically formulated to act similar to your body’s own hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is an essential matrix component throughout your entire face and body and is necessary for support of numerous tissues. As a temporary filler, Juvederm® XC can last 6 months to 2 years, depending on the type of Juvederm® selected, the facial area treated, the degree of aging and the consistency of maintenance treatments.
The Restylane® family of injectable fillers can be used to add volume and fullness to numerous areas including:
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines
- Marionette lines or “puppet lines”
- Ptotic or sagging mouth corners
- Lip vermilion border for enhanced lip definition
- Upper and lower lips themselves to restore natural lip fullness
- Upper and lower lip wrinkles to improve “lipstick bleed”
- Hollow cheeks and temples
- Hollows under the eyes to reduce the appearance of dark circles
- Receding chin
- Jaw contouring to enhance jawline definition
The Restylane® family of injectable fillers has expanded over the years to include the following portfolio:
- Restylane Kysse for lip volume
- Restylane Lyft for lifting
- Restylane Silk for fine lines
- Restyane Defyne for definition and volume
- Restylane Refyne for volume
Restylane® is available in approximately 1cc syringes which also contain lidocaine for numbing for a more comfortable treatment experience. For those very rare patients with a true lidocaine allergy, Restylane® is also available without lidocaine. Injections are performed with a very tiny needle specifically designed for use with Restylane® products for enhanced results. Restylane® treatments can be performed in just under 30 minutes, allowing you to return to most routine activities immediately following treatment. The results from Restylane® treatment are immediate. Although the swelling often mild, it makes take several days to see the final results after swelling settles. Most patients have minimal to no downtime. Bruising is rare and swelling is minimal to none. Makeup can typically be worn immediately after treatment.
Patients who have a history of cold sores should notify Dr. Mandal in advance of treatment in order to determine if an anti-viral prophylaxis is necessary. Patients who are allergic to lidocaine or a similar anesthetic should notify Dr. Mandal in advance of treatment so that our office can order the lidocaine-free Restylane® product. While patient who are on blood thinners may go off of them only with permission of their internist or cardiologist, Dr. Mandal has performed Restylane® treatments on patients with blood thinners without any side effects other than increased risk of bruising.
Dr. Mandal frequently performs combination treatments Restylane® and other rejuvenation procedures for enhanced results. Some popular combinations include:
- Micro-botox plus Restylane Silk for treatment of static and dynamic lip wrinkles
- Layering of different types of Restylane to treat deep and superficial lines in the nasolabial folds or marionette lines
- Genius RF or Infini RF plus Restylane for deep static lines
Contact Dr. Anita Mandal today to schedule your Restylane® treatment.