While aging can make a woman’s face appear hard, aging can give a man’s face a more feminine appearance. Important differences between men and women must be recognized when it comes to facial rejuvenation to help preserve one’s masculine facial features.
- Eyelid surgery : A slight fullness of the upper lid is preferable in men compared to the somewhat deeper, well-defined eyelid contour preferred in women.
- Facelifts : Facelift incisions are adjusted for the male hairline due to the differences in the pattern of hair bearing tissues being different between men and women.
- Brow lifts : Unlike the higher positioned, arched eyebrow desirable for women, a heavier, lower set eyebrow is a masculine feature.
- Rhinoplasty : A strong, straight profile works well for a man compared to the more softly curved female nose.
- Hair replacement : Gender variations in the aging hairline also become important when planning hair replacement.
- Lip augmentation must be performed in a way so as not to feminize the male lip.
In addition to facial cosmetic surgery, men visit Dr. Mandal for non-surgical facial rejuvenation. BOTOX® Cosmetic, Dysport and injectable fillers such as Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse and Juvederm are popular non-surgical treatments for her male patients.
She’ll Show You the Way
Dr. Mandal understands the unique concerns of her male facial plastic surgery patients. You are encouraged to request a facial consultation online or call 561.238.0040 to review your options, discuss your concerns, and preview your new look with our computerized imaging process.