Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon Dr. Anita Mandal is an Expert Injector who was one of the first cosmetic surgeons in the country to introduce Radiesse® injections to her patients for facial rejuvenation. As a temporary injectable filler, Radiesse® consists of tiny calcium-based microspheres suspended in a water-based gel. These microspheres are similar to natural minerals in the body which gradually absorb them, leaving behind the natural collagen for a refreshed and rested look.
How Does Radiesse Work?
Once injected, Radiesse® plumps the skin to give a smoother surface. Over time, it stimulates the body to produce collagen. Eventually, your body absorbs the product to leave behind the new natural collagen for up to one year.
What areas are Treated with Radiesse?
- Nasolabial folds or deep “parentheses” lines that run from the outer nostril to the corners of the mouth
- Marionette or “puppet” lines that run downward from the corners of the mouth
- Droopy mouth corners or oral commissures that give you a frown
- Pre-jowl sulcus, the groove on either side of the chin
- Chin wrinkles or receding chin
- Hollow cheeks
- Depressed temple area
- Hands with volume loss
What are the Benefits of Radiesse®
- Immediately replenishes lost volume and stimulates the production of your own natural collagen
- Unlike other temporary fillers where plumping is the result of injecting hyaluronic acid, the long-term filling from Radiesse® comes from your own collagen
- Clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients
- Has a high level of patient satisfaction
What to Expect From Radiesse Treatment
As a dermal filler, Radiesse® is available in two forms, RADIESSE® and RADIESSE® (+). The difference is that Radiesse® Plus contains lidocaine for numbing and enhanced patient comfort. Treatment is performed using a very tiny injection needle and typically takes 30 minutes or less.
The results from Radiesse® can be seen immediately. Most patients have minimal to no downtime. Bruising is uncommon and swelling is typically mild. Makeup can usually be worn right after treatment. Most routine activities can be resumed following treatment.
For patients desiring added protection from the risk of bruising, we offer the Ihance post-injection serum with a patented TriHex technology to accelerate recovery as well as minimize bruising and swelling.
As a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Mandal focuses on satisfying results that are very natural looking. When it comes to the face, patients prefer quality and excellence over price. They seek her skills from throughout Palm Beach County, across Florida and a range of national and international locations. To discover your options, request a consultation online or call 561-238-0040 at our Palm Beach Gardens office.