Question: I am losing definition along my jawline. I can’t afford the downtime of a facelift. Are there effective minimal invasive options to allow me to regain my youthful jawline?
Answer: Numerous minimal invasive options are available to regain a more defined jawline. Because each patient is unique and ages differently, some patients only require one procedure whereas others need multi-modality therapy.
A youthful jawline is the result of aging along several key aspects of the lower face including:
- The cervico-mental angle between the neck and the chin
- Degree that chin is receding
- Definition at the angle of jaw
- Sagging along the jowls
- Presence of fat under the chin
- Vertical platysmal muscle neck bands in the anterior neck
Aging of one or more of the above areas is associated with loss of youthful definition at the jawline in both men and women. Fortunately, some very effective non-surgical treatment options exist and include:
- Kybella for the permanent, non-surgical removal of double chin fat as well as fatty jowls.
- Infini RF for non-surgical lifting and tightening of loose face and/or neck skin.
- Long-term injectable fillers such as Bellafill, the 5-year filler, for a receding chin and to restore definition at the jawline angle.
- Botox for softening of platysmal muscle bands along the center of the neck.
Given the numerous minimal invasive options for rejuvenation of the face and neck areas, a detailed consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon experienced in the full spectrum of surgical and minimal invasive facial rejuvenation techniques is the first step. Superior technical skill, sound judgement and an artistic eye are equally important considerations to maintain a natural, balanced and proportional look.
Anita Mandal, MD
Dr. Anita Mandal is a double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon practicing since 1998. She exclusively specializes in facial rejuvenation and non-invasive body contouring. In addition to being on the medical staff at Jupiter Medical Center, her offices house both surgical and laser suites. Dr. Mandal is committed to giving her patients the most natural looking results.
Mandal Plastic Surgery Center
2401 PGA Blvd., Suite 146
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Phone: (561) 238-0040
E-mail: [email protected]