Question: Because I’m not spending money on travel, clothes and other luxury items this year due to COVID, I have extra funds to splurge on rejuvenating my face. I’m looking for something minimal invasive. What are the most common facial rejuvenation procedures during COVID?
Answer: My office has seen an unexpected surge in patients seeking non-invasive and minimal invasive facial rejuvenation this year. There are several reasons.
- With patients staying home more, they tend to see their face in the mirror more often.
- With more people working out of home and making zoom calls, they are more likely to notice the true extent of their facial sagging and wrinkles.
- With patients not traveling as much or spending on other luxury items, they have extra funds to spend on their face.
- Many patients want to treat themselves during these unprecedented times and feel that rejuvenating their appearance is an essential part of enhancing their overall well-being.
- While masks may be a nuisance, we may be wearing them for a while. Patients are seeing the advantages of being able to hide any temporary bruising, redness or swelling of a facial cosmetic procedure under their masks.
The most popular procedures in my office during COVID-19 have been:
- Botox Cosmetic, Xeomin, Juveau & Dysport, all of which are FDA- approved neurotoxins that tend to be equally effective.
- Bellafill, the 5-year filler, is not only highly safe, but can also give lasting, natural results for deep smile lines, droopy mouth corners, marionette or “puppet lines”, sunken cheeks, hollow temples and more.
- The Infini RF non-surgical facelift can not only lift and tighten sagging skin without surgery, but also treat fine lines and aged skin texture with no downtime.
- The Whisper Lift which is a mini-facelift performed under local anesthesia with no IV’s, has minimal downtime, no noticeable incisions and can give a well-defined jaw and neckline.
- Upper and Lower Eyelid Lift surgery which is performed under local anesthesia without IV’s and minimal downtime. With the use of PRP, recovery time has been cut in half with suture removal typically 3-5 days after surgery.
If you have been thinking about a facial rejuvenation procedure, this may be an optimal time to take advantage of your free time or time at home, your extra funds and/or mask wearing requirements. It can come down to whether you are looking at the glass half full or half empty. A thorough consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon experienced in both minimal invasive and non-surgical procedures of the face and neck is the first step. My office has instituted strict COVID safeguards for your protection..
By Anita Mandal, MD
Dr. Anita Mandal is a double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon practicing since 1998. She exclusively specializes in facial rejuvenation and non-invasive body contouring. In addition to being on the medical staff at Jupiter Medical Center, her offices house both surgical and laser suites. Dr. Mandal is committed to giving her patients the most natural looking results.
Mandal Plastic Surgery Center
2401 PGA Blvd., Suite 146
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Phone: (561) 238-0040
E-mail: [email protected]